Our privacy commitment
The localindies.co.uk website is owned and operated by Local Indies Ltd. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We do not store card details, no do we share them with any third party. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you. We only share your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. You may contact us at any time with any privacy questions or concerns and to see the personal information you have given us and request correction.
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Passing on your orders to your chosen localindies.co.uk sellers so they can supply goods and services to you and for customer administration. Our sellers may use subcontractors to process and provide your orders to you. Any such subcontractors are subject to the same contractual obligations as our sellers in respect of your personal information
- Planning and managing localindies.co.uk’s business activities, including analysis of customers' shopping habits, product and style preferences.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Providing you with information about the services we offer.
- Letting you know about news from localindies.co.uk.
- Letting you know about offers, news and products from sellers on our site.
- To verify details of your payment method or credit card account.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service, and our sellers’ products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
We do not share your details with 3rd parties for any other purpose.
During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details.
Managing your orders
We may monitor and review communications between you and our sellers on our Content Management System (CMS), solely for the purposes of ensuring that your orders are managed appropriately by our sellers and our customer service team, and in accordance with the terms and conditions that we have in place with our sellers.
Data over the internet
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at localindies.co.uk you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
How we protect information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our sellers and any subcontractors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How you can help us protect your information
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please email email@example.com or write to us at: Local Indies Ltd, 33 Chandos Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 2NY.
How to unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us or you no longer wish to be contacted by other companies who you permitted us to provide your details to then please contact us.
Our sellers' privacy policies
Our sellers are bound by the same legislation as us, and specifically must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
In using localindies.co.uk our sellers (and their affiliates), agree not to:
- sell, barter, disclose or transfer to any third party, any data passed to them as a result of any transaction via the site (e.g. personal data of any user), or permit any third party to have access to the same;
- send to any localindies.co.uk user any non-electronic direct-mail marketing;
- send to any localindies.co.uk user any electronic communication except as necessary to complete any Buyer's transaction or to respond to a customer service enquiry made by such Buyer concerning such transaction;
- use any domain name (or any part of it) on localindies.co.uk and/or otherwise in any communications that they have with any user of localindies.co.uk;
- target unsolicited communications of any kind to any user of localindies.co.uk.
Please note: to make full use of localindies.co.uk and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The localindies.co.uk website (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like localindies.co.uk to deliver you a personalised shopping experience.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to localindies.co.uk using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory.
If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won't be able to add products to your basket or buy them. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.